Monday 21 January 2013

The not so hungry caterpillar

So today we had a minor breakfast victory; the first tasting of peanut butter (smooth) on wholemeal toast went very well. My paranoid side was on standyby for an allergic reaction to peanuts having not tested this before. Perhaps a heavy snow day was not the best time to have put this to the test! All clear though, phew.

But lunch was a different story. The pasta with creamy white sauce and ham was rejected again, although tasted. Same for chicken and chickpea stew, but again, it was tasted which is my general rule.

I know, already I offered a choice which is not great discipline.

But we ended up with rice cakes and chicken spread, with satsuma for pudding so not exactly fine dining, which was kind of the point.

So, do you stick to the one option rule or give in because you want them to eat?!?!

P.S. I write this as MB is asleep...at least he kept to his routine, which I doubt would have happened if he went to bed hungry.

P.P.S.  Who knew rice cakes could look so exciting? This was from last week...trying to introduce carrots and pepper...again!


BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment